How to shift your old self into a new identity!
We identify ourselves to old versions of us that no longer serve us. Its so sad that so many of us end up living all our lives from an identity that is no longer needed…and that was created very long ago since our childhood…
If we identify ourselves as not being worthy of love, we will attract partners that treat us to feel not worthy of love. We also act from a place of not being worthy which attracts to us the love partners that will make that belief about ourselves, even stronger.
If we identify ourselves as someone whom is not good with money, we will take decisions that are not good for our financial situation. This will bring forth more situations that will make us feel not good when it comes to dealing with money.
If you identity yourself as a smoker, you will have trouble getting rid of the habit of smoking!
And this goes for any area of your life, it could be the way you eat, the way you sabotage yourself, it’s all related to the identity you have about yourself. We always try to keep that identity true for ourselves so that our ego doesn’t panic for losing control!
This continuous loop of identifying ourselves to a certain identity, taking actions from that place and continuing having the same results make the belief around that identity stronger with years making our life proof that our belief around whom we thaught we were was indeed true!
Nothing can be more false.
We become whom we want to become and if our intention is to become a new self, we have the power within us to make it reality.
You just need to know how and also realize that you can not become a new you if you continue holding on to the identity you have created for yourself. The key is to imprint that new identity on your subconscious mind that is influencing 95% of your thoughts, feelings and actions.
Here are easy processes to doing that:
1. Be grateful for the old you that helped you survive whenever you needed to survive. She is the one to whom you owe being alive today and still continuing on your path in spite of all the hard things you went through. Be at peace that dying to your old self doesn’t mean that you are losing something. Choose the perspective that by letting her go, you are opening yourself to gain something instead of losing something. By realizing that you are opening new doors and opportunities for you when letting the old version of you go, you’ll be able to let her go more easily.
2. Imprint your new identity in your subconscious mind by implementing most of these practices if you can (the more, the merrier):
- Each day, as soon as you wake up, say affirmations in your mind that speak about the new identity you want to create, example: I am a woman that manages well her money
- Remove from your environment anything that reminds you of your old self and makes you feel stuck in the old self (example: get rid of that old bag that reminds you that you were so broke in the past and get a new one if you can)
- Remove from your environment anything that will not help your new habits example: playstation if you want to be more productive if your playstation keeps you stuck in your old habits
- Do a Youtube meditation that puts you in a very relaxed state and create new beliefs and a new identity in your mind to imprint them in your subconscious mind to make a powerful shift of identity, during which you say things to yourself that are part of that new identity you wish for yourself. You can say affirmations and simply talk to yourself to tell yourself a new story: the new you that is taking charge!
- When in doubt about how the new you would think, feel and behave, ask your inner Queen for advice (your Queen archetype always has the right answer!)
3. Continue observing the new you that is thinking, feeling and acting differently and remind yourself each day whom you have become to make that new identity take roots even more!
Any questions? Share them below!
Bianca aka Mystical Queen Goddess